For the dough:
1 cup all purpose flour
4 tbsps icing sugar
1 tsp salt
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
Cold water, as needed
For the filling:
1/2 cup strawberry puree
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup hung curd
For the milk wash:
1 tbsp milk
1) Whisk together the flour, sugar and salt.
2) Blend in the butter.
3) Continue to mix until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
4) Gradually add the water, little at a time until the dough is combined. Feel free to add more flour if needed.
5) Divide it into two dough balls. Wrap them in cling film and refrigerate for at least an hour.
6) Meanwhile in a bowl, add the strawberry puree, sugar and curd. Beat well.Keep in the freezer for about 15 minutes to set.
7) Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius. Remove the dough out of the fridge and roll out the pastry dough. Place on a greased baking tray so it doesn’t stick.
8) Fold the edges of the dough over the mixture, sealing all the crevices.
9) Prick the base of the pastry case all over with a fork. Line the centre of the galette with parchment paper and fill with dried pulses or rice.
10) Bake for about 15 minutes or until the pastry is firm, then remove the beans and lightly brush the galette with the milk wash.
11) Cook for about 5 more minutes until golden brown.
12) Once it is cooled, add the strawberry mixture in the centre and serve.