Mango makes Indian summer a golden season. One gets to see a luscious mango in every corner. Among all the varieties of mangoes, Alphonso is the most popular. Its golden skin and sweet pulp are enough to make any sweet-toothed person fall in love with this fruit.
India is one of the largest producers of Alphonso mangoes in the world, the most favourable geographical origin for its cultivation is the Konkan region. In October 2018, five districts of Maharashtra were given the official GI tag for Alphonso. In these regions, the traditional combination of aamras and puri is a favourite meal of every household.
Mango products become a muse for delicious recipes
There are a number of recipes that add mango for a sweet and delightful taste. One of the delicious ways to use mango as a muse in a recipe is to mix it with milk or cream. One such recipe is mango phirni, this is a popular dish in north India, everyone here celebrates their special occasion with this dish. To make mango phirni for your special occasion follow the below recipe.
- Raw rice – ¼ cups
- Full fat Milk – 4 cups
- Sugar- 4 tablespoon
- Sliced pistachios and almonds- 10-12 pieces
- Cardamom- 5 pieces
- Saffron – 5-6 petals
- Alphonso mango pulp – 2 cups
- Mango puree- ½ cup
Step to prepare Mango Phirni
- Soak the rice in the water for 30 minutes, drain the water completely and spread on a plate to dry.
- After the rice grains are dried, grind it in a mixer till you get a coarse texture like sooji.
- Take alphonso mango pulp and blend it till you get a smooth paste.
- Take a deep bottomed pan and boil the milk. After the milk is boiled, add rice to it. Now stir continuously till you get a thick mixture.
- Take cardamom and crush it to get a powdered form. Add cardamom powder to the mixture and stir it for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Switch off the burner and let the mixture cool down to room temperature.
- After the mixture has cooled, add alphonso mango puree and mix well. One can also add a few cubes of the mango for some chunky bites. Garnish with the saffron petal.
- Keep in the refrigerator for two to three hours and serve the mango dessert chilled.
With the above recipe, you can invite your friends over for a small get together and serve them a unique dessert after the meal. This sweet delicacy is a perfect dish for every occasion.
Enjoy your favourite alphonso mango 24 X 7
Sweet mango season lasts for only a short time and one cannot help but desire that the spell lasted throughout the year. With AamRus alphonso mango pulp, this spell becomes everlasting and you get to enjoy this fruit in all the seasons. So this Christmas and New Year substitute your fruitcake recipe with Mango Phirni and celebrate the coming year enjoying a new dessert with your family.